The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Development of the Virginia Department of Social Services provides classes throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia for child care providers. All courses for the Early Childhood and School-Age Endorsements are now available as ONLINE COURSES.
To see a list of current VDSS Child Care Training Classes offered through CCWA, click here.
Online Training Courses
The online child care courses are available year round through CCWA. Please click on the above link for the most current listing of online courses. Registrations take approximately 1-3 business days for processing. Once your registration has been received and processed you will have an account created and your class(es) loaded into the online learning system. You will then receive an email with the link to the online course, your username and your login.
You will have 30 days to complete your course and the final assessment from the date of the email. The course takes approximately 60-90 minutes to complete. You will receive 4 (four) clock hours or 0.4 CEUs of training for most online courses you complete. You will be able to print a certificate and transcript at the end of the course.
Please note that cell phones and other mobile devices are not supported or recommended for completing the online courses.
For more information, questions or support for the online courses, please contact our office 804-523-2298 Monday thru Friday between 8am - 5pm to speak with someone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may view the VDSS Professional Development Catalog for Child Care Professionals at
VDSS Training catalog
This catalog includes:
- Overview of Online class descriptions
- Additional Educational Opportunities
- Professional Development Career Lattice
Who Can Register for Classes
The training is open to child care providers from:
- Licensed child day centers
- Religiously exempt child day centers
- Certified preschools
- Head Start programs
- Licensed family day homes
- Family day homes approved by a family day system
- Voluntarily registered family day homes
- Unregulated child care providers by local departments of social services
How To Register for Classes
- Click here to see a list of VDSS Child Care Training Classes offered through CCWA.
- Select your class(es).
- Complete the Secure Online Registration Form and credit card payment.Â You will receive an email receipt or you may print the screen at time of processing.
- Click Submit
Mail It In
- Complete the Registration Form in the catalog (one per participant).
- Mail the form with your payment made payable to:
COMMUNITY COLLEGE WORKFORCE ALLIANCE (CCWA)
ATTN: Child Care Classes (WDCC)
P.O. Box 85622
Richmond, VA 23285-5622
- A $15 fee will be charged on checks returned for insufficient funds.
Fax It In
- Fax your completed Registration Form from the catalog (credit card payment information must be completed) to: 804-371-3414
Each course is offered on the condition of adequate enrollment; the CCWA reserves the right to cancel or discontinue any course because of low enrollment or for other reasons deemed sufficient. The CCWA reserves the right to make the necessary changes in this schedule that may be dictated by enrollment, personnel requirements, or availability of facilities
To withdraw from a class, you must notify CCWA in writing either by US mail or email. You may submit your refund request to email@example.com. Refund checks come from the Virginia State Treasury office and generally will take six (6) weeks to process.